Monday 3 May 2010

Car Booty-licious!!!




I always hear of the bargains to be had at car boot sales but never normally have time to go, especially since Rob and I have joined the gym!

Well with it being bank holiday weekend i have had a bit more time to do "me" things and yesterday i took my self off to 2 car boots...which i must say were pretty rubbish! Think this was because i went too late, i like to get there first thing really but this was more like lunchtime and with the grey weather people were packing up early! Anyway, the embellies above were Sundays find at 50p each, i didn't think it worthied a blog post of its own so was hoping for some more treasure today!!

And i got it! It was a special bank holiday boot just about 5 min from me, i was there for 8.30!
I knew it was going to be a good day when i pulled up to pay the 50p entrance fee and the man taking the money gave molly (who had clambered onto my lap to sniff from the open window) a really good fuss, i put the 50p in his hand and he dropped it back into my lap and said shhh! That brightened my day!!

First up is a load...12 to be precise, canvas bags, they were brand new and should have been 50p each but i offered £5.00 for the lot, i am not a good haggler but was chuffed with this, i plan to decorate them for my stall at parents evening with felt and fabric flowers - they have ikea lables in them but i have not seen them in ikea so they may be old stock, but they look lovely and strong (sorry for the naff pics!)


Next up was a huge pile of sheet music, i love this for die cutting and my mate Helen had given me a pile already but i had to get this as i may never see it again, i had only intended to grap a book or 2 but when i asked how much the man said i could have it all for £2!!! well it would have been rude not too and he even kept it for me to collect it at the end as i had my hands full with molly and it weighed a ton!


Next up a road atlas (50p) which will be great for backing papers for mens and walking cards and a dictionary (20p) again great for die cutting, i love text and music notes right now!


This encyclopidia / dictionary was 25p and the paper is lovely and ages again fab for die cutting, i may also use this for some badges too



some more dictionary style books for 25p each


and an old scrabble game, this was £1 but i only wanted it for the letters, however once i had a look i thought i could make some little gifts with it... we will see


Some cheap beaded necklaces... i made a few bracelets with some vintage plastic beads and the girls at work loved them so i picked up these old necklaces for 25/30p each and i will chop them up and make them into something new! I was really after chunkier beads but sadly came across none!


and last up (if you have not gotten bored already!!) some little square envies, they were £1 for 30 but i always struggle to find small square envies which are great for my little stampin up cards!


Phew! What did you do this weekend?

Hugs

Lisa xXx

10 comments:

TAM said...

Wow quite some stash there to play with - look forward to seeing what you transform it all into

Virginia said...

Hi Lisa

I love all you bought - I've been working on some items that I've bought previously to 'alter' but never found the time - in fact I'm challenging everyone to start using their stuff up so that we can go out and buy more great stash at amazing places like charity shops and car boot sales! CAn't wait to see what you do with everything!

Hope you're enjoying the bank holiday

Imaginary Colour said...

great haul! i might have to try carboots soon!!

Heather said...

Wow that was a good day booting! Well done on your bargains :)

Sandra said...

oh my gosh, what a great time you had ... I think I'll need to follow you to which car boot sales you go to LOL. How lovely, I can't wait to see what you create with your goodies.

debb said...

What a great bit of booty! I am a big garage sale fan and love to find treasures too! Kudos to you for your wonderful finds!

carlytheprincess said...

Wow Wow Wow! I'm so jealous of your finds! I've been looking for an old Atlas at carboots since I saw your friend Helen's Sat Nav card!
Well done. Can't wait to see what you make with it all!

Gem said...

ooh what a lot of bargains! I can't wait to see what you do with the canvas bags, having recently acquired some myself and finding myself wondering what to do with them! :)

PepPop said...

Wow what great finds and what bargains!! Jaqui x

Jenny said...

Thats a fantastic haul. Love the music! Enjoy playing with all of it :)