Tuesday 15 March 2011

Crocheting :: A New Craft For Me!!


A short post today, but i wanted to show this off!!
It may not look like much, but this is my first crochet square, I have taught myself from a book and this is the end result!!
I hate not being creative, but during the week sometimes i just do not have the energy to start playing with dies and paper so this keeps me contented!!
I am hoping i will get quicker over time and neater but at the moment i am just playing with odds and ends of wool until i get the hang of it!! I always struggle with a craft to take with me on holiday but think this will be great!

7 comments:

Nic :) said...

Thats so great, i failed miserably at my first attempt as my heart was not truly in it. You have done really well teaching yourself from a book! Amazing! ♥

SewHappyGeek said...

Hey, that looks great for a first time project! I keep meaning to teach myself but I'm left handed so it's harder to find good books... but that looks fantastic! Make sure you post your new projects!

Carol said...

Crochet's brilliant,especially when you get brave enough to go freeform-it's so 3D & great for jewellery.All my family are adorned with yarny(knit,crochet& sewn)brooches and corsages.Chill and enjoy.Carol.x

Mad-Frog said...

It looks great, crochet is something I have never tried

Sandra said...

Oh I'm soooo going off you! LOL..... How can you do everything?

Anonymous said...

I do need to warn you about the dangers of crochet------- a serious addiction will follow x

DeeAnn said...

Oh, I am so jealous (In a great way). I try to crochet constantly and end up looking like one of my cats playing with yarn. You have inspired me to try again once again. I try every month for the last twenty years, lol.