Friday 20 August 2010

Felt and Fabric Flower Hair Clip Made Using Tim Holtz Tattered Florals Die



I made this hair clip a couple of weeks ago, but have not blogged it as it is always in my hair!!!



It is made with the Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die, i cut the shapes once in grey marled felt, once in black felt and once in some black fabric with holes in that i had saved from the back of an old top!!



I just played about with the layereing but did not use all 12 flower shapes, i have enough left in my must-make-this-into-something box for another clip!



The clip its self is just a cheap hair grip, but one of the longer versions, i think it may have been from poundland, about 20 or 30 on a card
i popped a dab of metal glue on to stop the clip from twisting and then stitched the clip on




I just finished off with a spotty papermania button in the middle, i have had several demands from friends saying they want a clip so i may be blogging a few more of these!!!



For those of you that have not seen the die, this is it, it is hard to photograph but i hope you can make out the flowers, there are a lot of layering possibilities with this die i love it!

Hugs

Lisa xXx

14 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this. Looks fabulous.

Anonymous said...

Oh Lisa--- My daughter has just started working as a Beauty therapist and wants exactly that in her hair. She can't wear any jewelery so is missing adornments.
Could you please email me if it would be possible to buy some.
Linda -- hammers5@tiscali.co.uk
Thanks Lisa

TAM said...

I've been trying to get this die for ages - really jealous

Virginia said...

Ooh we played with this die at a local scrapbook class recently and I like it then - hadn't realise it's awesome potential! Love this - it's absolutely gorgeous

Mole said...

This is soooooo good! Can you use the dies in the original sizzix machine?

bernietom47 said...

This something the kids would love. Black for the older kids and bright colors for the younger ones. TFS
Blessings Bernie

Jenny said...

Stop tempting me! I'm trying so hard to resist a big shot and TH dies!

Hair slides look great :)

Its All Fiddle Fart said...

hi Lisa .... I need this die .... I have gone to buy it so many times and then chickened out, and now I can't find it anywhere. I am thinking of denim, lace and a bit of leather with a stud centre!!

Katy said...

Goodness this is absolutely stunning! I think i may need that die LOL.

Claire said...

Ooh thats stunning, I've got that die & soem black net ready I've just never got around to it
C
xx

Teresa said...

Hello Lisa your flower looks fantastic, and so does your blog, I'm now a follower. Thanks for the link to here. Teresa xx

SueF said...

That's stunning Lisa - I'm going to make one of these for Charlotte when I can find some long hairclips.
Scrap Revolution have got the die to pre order for the end of August
http://www.scraprevolution.co.uk/product.php?productid=7226&cat=1561&page=1

Sue

PepPop said...

Wow that looks amazing. Mmm you could do them for every colour. I can see why you've got orders piling up. Jaqui x

Becky said...

Beautiful hairclip - thanks for showing me the link - I don't wear them myself, but hadn't thought of making flowers this way to put on a layout, which I think I will do :)